Thursday, January 17, 2013

Life is getting exciting...

Hi everyone!!! Today is going to be a great day! Even though, I don't feel so great I'm determined it is going to be a good, a great day! I woke up not feeling so wonderful, hate when that happens, but I will get some energy from somewhere! There is a big, huge, did I say big? project I am working on and well I get to go shopping for some clothes!!! HA!! Nothing like shopping to cheer you up! My big reveal will be June 1, I think I might have said that in yesterday's post...oh well, I just can't tell what it is...just super exciting!
For those of you who don't follow me on facebook, you can look One Stitch At A Time up on facebook and like me. Or you can do my personal page Nancy Clark McNally and find me :o) Almost daily I post what dinner is, I love doing this!!
Today's dinner has already been planned, that is a first! I normally don't plan this early in the morning what I'm going to make, it is 8:45am ....so, today I am baking a chicken and will have the fixin's with it. I will make a nice garlic herb rub for the chicken, cook some potatoes, carrots, green beans and biscuits....a hearty meal to warm the cold bodies from the winter temps!!
If I have time I like to prepare the potatoes in a skillet before I put them in the oven with the chicken. I wash, peel, and quarter the potatoes. Then toss them with garlic powder, chilli powder, onion powder, pepper and salt (notice salt is last!) I like flavor not lots of salt! Toss this into a heated skillet that has just enough oil to cover the bottom of the skillet...not deep frying, just browning the potatoes. Once all sides are browned I add them to the chicken baking dish. The carrots I add last. Green beans, I would love to make them "southern style" but that is really fattening, but OOOOOHHHH so good! So instead I add a beef bouillon cube per can of green beans, don't add salt if you make the beans this way!! I also add pepper, to taste of course. Depending what I have in the house, if there are fresh green beans then I use these first and here is how I prepare them: I saute the fresh or frozen ones in a skillet with butter and garlic....this is my favorite way of making them because they taste so fresh!
It is time for me to get off the computer, time is a moving by and I don't need to sit here any longer!! Have a wonderful day everyone!!
Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment