Tuesday, July 20, 2010

VBS week!!!

Yesterday was our first day of VBS, great day! We have such a great group of volunteers!! My husband took the week off to teach 5/6 grade boys! While he has them in his room he is teaching them manners!! Way to go honey!! Son Chris is teaching the 3rd grade boys, he is loving it! I'm so proud of my family!! Steve and John are also volunteering. Nikki is very happy she has John and I helping her with crafts. John gets the job of getting in the floor to pick up all the pieces of paper, us older ladies don't want to get in the floor!! LOL!! Steve is helping his dad. Son Joe can't help this year, he has college and work, but that is ok he is there is spirit. Maybe next year he can help.
My latest quilt project: the french braid. I'm going to teach it at the Village Quilt shop this fall. I was able to piece all four braids on Saturday. Next week I'm hoping to finish piecing it all together. I need to figure out what I am going to do for the separators and borders. The quilting: I've already figured that out. Fern vines down each braid!!
That is all for today....till later folks!

Nancy

2 comments:

  1. So WHERE exactly is the Village quilt shop because I seriously need to take that class! Your braid quilt is lovely. I have been wanting to make one of those but it seems so complicated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana, The Village Quilt Shop is on Joslyn Road at Canterbury Village. I don't have my date on the calendar yet for teaching the quilt. I will let you know as soon as I can.

    Happy quilting,

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete