Thursday, January 22, 2009

Still quilting


It is Thursday, January 22. Today I have a couple of friends coming over and we heading out to lunch. I can't wait! It has been a long time since I have joined friends for lunch. On Tuesday, I quilted 3 quilts for friends. My wrist was in a lot of pain so I had to take a break from from driving the longarm machine. I began quilting at 9am and was finished by 4pm. I'm happy to have gotten those quilts completed and they are on their way to their rightful owners! Now I have 2 others to quilt, they are small, but she wants very dense quilting so I will begin those next week. These two quilts will go back to my friend in Mississippi.

But as for today, I'm going to enjoy my day out to lunch, and the weekend is mine! Maybe I will clean the house...nah, what was I thinking! Who wants to clean when there is quilting to be done?

I began working on my mystery quilt the other night. Oh this is a bright and deep colored quilt! I chose a different color background fabric. Most quilters choose a "safe" color for background fabric. That is either a white, cream or black fabric. I chose a vivid magenta fabric and the blocks are all bold purples, vibrant blues, oranges, pinks and chartreuse (lime green). My goal is to work on a few blocks at a time, no rush. I may change my mind though, I may get so engrossed in it this weekend that I will have all of it completed. I have to give my friend, Diantha S from Mississippi, credit for the quilt block. It has a nice "spin" to it. Great job Diantha!

Till the next time, good day!

Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment