Saturday, January 31, 2009

More UFO's finished...







What a weekend, it is only Saturday though, still have tomorrow to work on my UFO's. I have finished 3 UFO's that I began a while back. The first one I worked on is the burgandy and cream colored quilt. I began this quilt about 5 years ago when we lived in IL. I just got bored with it, didn't really know what I wanted to do with it so I put it away. Today I picked it up, placed it on my design wall and away I went a'sewin' I had 4 rows already pieced so why did I not finish the other 4 rows?? Who knows?!



The next quilt I worked on was a Delictable Mountain design. I was on a kick that year to make several of that design because the block was easy to make and fast! I had been trying to finish that one for several years, but was not inspired enough to finish it. Now I know that I am going to do some fancy longarm quilting to take away from the bright yellow/orange.


And last but not least was the blue, white and yellow quilt! That was a block of the month that I was involved in way down in Mississippi! I got frustrated with that quilt also, could not get the blocks to line up at all. I worked with it tonight and walla! She is done! Phew, what a weekend. I think I will take it easy tomorrow.

Oh I even ended my day by remembering to put the pork roast in the marinade! YIPEE, we have Sunday dinner already prepared! Life is good!


Till tomorrow or the next time we meet....Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment