Monday, January 12, 2009

Good morning

Good morning, day one of blogging. This past weekend I made a decision to finish all those UFO's. I have way too many unfinished objects, quilts that is. What a tease it is to visit the local quilt shops, I can't stay focused on finishing my other projects! LOL Well my list of UFO's was rather long. So last night I started on my first UFO. I put a quilt on the longarm machine that pieced over 2 years ago.

One of my best quilting buddies and I took a class together at the Nashville AQS quilt show. The teacher was Scott Murkin. I believe my friend finished piecing hers that very week after we arrived home. I did not finish mine, as you can tell for quite some time. But now she is finished! Ok, confession time, I still have to bind the quilt. I will post pictures after I charge my camera battery.

Back to my list of UFO's. This list is way too long. I have Mystery Quilts that I need to finish, BOM (block of the month) that need to be finished, and just regular quilt patterns that I started and got bored with. Plus all the quilt tops that are already pieced that are waiting patiently to be quilted.

My life does not only involve quilting, but quilting is my passion. I am also a homeschooling mom to 4 boys. We have 5 children, but the oldest, Kate, has graduated. I miss Kate! I wish she would move back home. The boys, wow, they are so much fun! I have been homeschooling for 18+years, I've lost count...I think I may need to retire! LOL

Our oldest son will graduate this year. I am now in the planning stages for this. When you homeschool you get to plan the actual graduation ceremony along with the open house. This is going to be a very busy year.

That is all for now...till tomorrow...good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment