Saturday, July 27, 2013

It is almost August!

Time is flying by! It is almost August! What have you done to enjoy your summer?  We have not gone anywhere this summer, just too much to do here at home. Last night was the last VBS night. The kids had a blast and my family, can ya stand it! was featured!! LOL you just have to know us to get that! LOL
Sharon, the VBS director, decided to ask my son Chris to be in charge of the music, John (youngest son) was on drums, Chris played lead guitar...since last night was the last night for VBS, Sharon surprised us all and asked my husband to come up and join the music by playing "Wipeout"...well he played the bass!! So 3 out of the 6 family members were on stage!! LOL I loved it last night!! I was so happy to see my hubby get up there and jam!! Our interim Pastor had no idea the McNally family was so talented!!! LOL You just have to know us to understand, we don't brag, we just have a fun!!

After all the festivities last night at VBS I was walking to my truck and I noticed one of the younger moms so I stopped to say HI. I had learned that she homeschools, now remember...I have just retired from homeschooling so I thought I would just chat with her a minute and see how she was doing. When one homeschools, one comes under a lot of scrutiny. For some unknown reason people think that you are damaging your kids when you homeschool, and that you the parent is NOT qualified to teach your child/children!! Oh please don't get me started! I will put all 5 of my kids up against any public or private educated child any day! They are well educated, well behaved and socialized! I ended up standing outside chatting with her for well over an hour. I hope I was able to shed some light and give her some words of encouragement.

Well everyone, I need to get moving off the computer. I have some quilting patterns in the works, just can't reveal...stay tuned!

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment