Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Thread Playing

Yesterday was an interesting day. I had to wake up at 5am.
Why?
I know, seriously, why?
Cuz! LOL
No, seriously, I had to drive to the airport to go pick up our Alaska Mission Team. They were finally home! It was so wonderful to see my son Steve! The team was tired and wore out! They had flown the "red eye" flight....
As soon as I got him home, hubby and Steve loaded up my longarm quilting machine into the back seat of my truck and off I went to pick up Julia. Julia's machine also needed work. We drove over to Accomplish Quilting in Stevensville, MI (3 hours away). It was a great drive! I had great company, I was one tired person by the end of the day. I'm glad we went together!!
So, while I was waiting at Accomplish Quilting, here is what I did:
 




 
Isn't this cool!!! I drew this picture on my fabric, outlined it in black thread then began back filling also known as thread play with a variety of threads. I used YLI's Polished Poly and a variety of Long Staple Egyptian Cotton threads.  I'm not done with this whole cloth, this is just the beginning!! I can't wait to show you the finished quilt!!!
Happy Sewing everyone!!


No comments:

Post a Comment