Thursday, April 9, 2009

Spring is coming...
















Ah, Spring is coming, I know it is! I have not posted in a month, life has been busy and well some days I just did not feel like doing anything. I had the winter blahs! Spring is coming though. Yes, we had that little teaser that Ol' man winter is still here (4+inches of snow on Monday), the grass is still green under the snow...it is melting!!





I've been working on my double delight quilt (Bonnie Hunter's design http://www.quiltville.com/) I have blocks 1a, 1b, 2a, 2b, mini 9-patches, set in triangles and corner stones all ready to be sewn. Actually, I have to square up the 1a, 1b, 2a, 2b blocks...and there are a lot of them!!





My boys are in the play Fiddler on the Roof. We, the moms, have been making costumes for the play. That was one project I don't like! I don't like sewing clothes. None the less, I helped with the costumes. My friend, Dawn N., came over to help with the costumes, she is such a great friend!! Dawn came over, cut out the pieces, made the adjustments, showed me how to operate the serger...and off we went a sewin' costumes!





Last month, my family was involved in a fund raising concert for Fiddler on the Roof. I did not know, but their band "The McPeakLee Experience" was put in the newspaper! How cool is that!? http://www.theclarkstonnews.com/ April 1st edition I need to get copies of the paper.





The pictures I've included in this blog are what I have been working on for the past month.





1 comment:

  1. Have a great Easter Nancy! Blessings and have fun with those costumes-please post the info on the yahoo group, I will try to come to one of the shows.

    ReplyDelete