Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Listening to the Lord







Do you know how hard it is to actually listen to the Lord and do His will? This past year I was to begin a quilting ministry. I used every excuse to not get it off the ground! I found myself so busy that I allowed the ministry to be put on the back burner.



Yesterday I made a decision, no more! I had to call my friend Carrie, left a message for her, texted her....she never picked up or answered....so I gave up and sent her an email! I was determined she was going to get my message. I was suppose to help take over Carrie's Fellowship Committee position at church. Carrie and her husband are moving out of state. When Carrie explained her duties, showed me her calendar, I became overwhelmed yet excited! I thought I could do her job!! Except, I was not listening to what God was telling me to do. I could hear that little whisper in the back of my mind...remember the quilting ministry? ..... ok



Yesterday I also spoke with a friend who reminded me that, maybe all these different ways I was trying to help was not right. I might be taking over something that I have no business doing. I was not asked to do this, so step back and let the person assigned to do the job do it. Wow! What a relief! I'm so thankful to have the friends I have!



So as of now, I'm going to listen and do what I am supposed to be doing. Yes, I will fail, and yes, I will succeed also! I need to keep my eyes on what is right and follow God. The Lord has blessed me with a wonderful husband, a bundle of absolutely wonderful children, fantastic church, quilting friends, oh my list can go on and on!!



Life will be great being able to check off my "to do" list, of all the things I was suppose to finish last year!!



For the last two weeks I have been diligently working on Paula's quilt. She has no idea she is going to be receiving the quilt, it is a present from me. To help her get through her life crisis. The quilt pattern is the Double Delight by Bonnie Hunter, mystery quilt Jan. 2009. I have the quilt on the longarm machine now and I have quilted about 1/3 of it as of last night. I'm hoping to have it completely quilted by the weekend. I at least need to have it off the machine by Friday.



Fiddler on the Roof is two weeks away! I'm getting so nervous for my boys and well myself because I am in charge of the bake sale!! I've never done anything like this before!!! Well that is all for now.

I have added some pictures. The double delight and a log cabin. The log cabin is just blocks up on the design wall, I have not put them together yet. This is going to go to my neice Steph. Ok, enough for today...till later y'all!

3 comments:

  1. I stumbled onto your blog by way of Quiltvile...wanted to see your DD. (My top is done but not quilted yet). Just wanted you to know that your thoughts about the quilt ministy were relevant to me as I am also "thinking" about starting a quilt ministry at my church...still at the dreaming stage and need to "just do it!" Thanks for sharing.
    Lolly in MO

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special friend you are...to give the DD. Mine is still in progress. Maybe soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not the person who started the Quilt Ministry but I am involved with one in Council Bluffs IA. I can give the email address of the organizer of our group. To help you get started if you want.

    ReplyDelete