Friday, January 28, 2011

The mind of a quilter...her sewing studio

WARNING!! You are about to view my favorite room in the house, but IT IS NOT CLEAN! I'm warning you now, if you love your rooms to be neat and tidy do not view!! This is NOT for the faint at heart!! LOL Ok, here goes....I'm going to show you what my sewing room looks like when my creativity begins to flow....
Here is my ironing station...notice the fabric hanging off of it...I have a new project I'm working on....
 This is my cutting board tables....somewhere there is a table surface!! I know there is somewhere buried below all that clutter...Can you guess how many different quilt projects I have on this table? I'm not even going to dare show you what is under those two tables...LOL....
This bag of strips was hanging on a chair, I decided I needed to show the "innerds" of the bag so I poured them out on the table...strips at 1 1/2" wide...hmmmm 
 This is the table beside my sewing machine...what a mess!! There is a small ironing surface buried, notice the clover iron in the left corner...a cutting board (small one)....and strips, piles of strips..all 1 1/2inches wide...what is going on with these strips of fabric....
oh! this is my plastic bin that I store on top of my cutting table. I throw all the tiny pieces of fabric that I can no longer use into this bin...it is full, someone needs to get on the ball and empty it!

 This is a picture of the quilt I made yesterday. I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about it...
Oh yes, there is more of a mess....look at my sewing machine!!
 And this is a basket of scraps that sits behind me at my sewing machine....I need to organize it....nah, I have more fun piecing.....
This Mildred the Moose. Carolyn from the Village Quilt Shoppe designed her....Well, now that I have allowed the world to see my sewing room, I feel as if I need to go clean it up....well, maybe later!! I'm tired today...I would rather sit and sew strip sets for my next pattern....
Later....

1 comment:

  1. Looks like heaven to me! Just getting in there and digging in.. fun fun. If you spent all of your time cleaning, then you wouldn't have any time to create anything. Your creations are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete