Monday, July 16, 2012

Ahhh It is Monday...

I woke up a lot during the night, I could not get my brain to turn off! Finally around 3:30am I shut my brain off and fell into a deep sleep...only to wake up at 6:45am....not enough sleep...life goes on. Today I have several things to work on. I have a customer's quilt that is on Rosie waiting to be quilted. It is a queen size, for some reason though, I remembered it as being only a lap size quilt! When I open it up and looked at the paperwork I was "enlightened"! UGH! I thought I would have it down in a few hours, thinking it was a simple design on a smaller quilt....NOT gonna happen! I will work on that for a several hours today and also begin piecing a quilt for a book that is coming out next year. The topic of the book is precuts, you know, Bali pops, or charm packs, layer cakes....some quickie quilts to make. It is due in house by Monday of next week...I wonder if I can pull it off?
There is a local quilt show called Kaleidoscope of Quilts in Sylvania, OH every 2 years. My friend Dawn introduced me to this show when we moved back here 5 years ago. This coming show is in July 2013. This morning I printed off paperwork for the theme. I have several quilts that I want to make and enter into shows around the country. I just wish I could find out about these shows way before like this one! I normally don't find out about them until it is too late to design, piece, quilt, bind and enter the quilt! UGH!
Here are a couple of quilts I've been playing with this morning:
Blue Lagoon Star

Asian Coins...don't know how I came up with this name!!

Just playing around
Hope you have a wonderful day!  Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment