Friday, June 15, 2012

I need to get better at posting!!

This has been a fun couple of weeks...maybe I should say BUSY and stressful, but FUN sounds better, don't you think?
Steve's Eagle Court of Honor was wonderful, so proud of my son!! He is also a graduate! WooHoo! Now to figure out what he wants to do with his life....big decision.
My sister, Renee, was back up here with her family for Steve's graduation and open house. We had another wonderful visit!! I miss her! I enjoyed sitting on the front porch at night chatting with her. She shared some of her stories with my boys about the type of child she was....she had my boys laughing!
My husband will traveling to Austria soon, just for work. He enjoys traveling. I do to an extent, but for the most part I am a home body. I love the comforts of home. I do love to travel, but it is sooo good to come back home to everything that is familiar, you know?
I've gotten another quilt accepted!!
My quilt resume is growing. I'm now published in 3 magazines and 4 books. I teach at the local quilt shop and I also piece and quilt for others. Wish I made more money at this! lol but this is not a money maker dream, this is doing what I love! And I so LOVE this!!
Last week I had trouble with my Gammill. The rotary tension hook broke, not good! The parts came in, meanwhile, I learned to sew around this mishap. I finished the quilt, kingsize, shipped it to Quiltmaker magazine...the stress is over....now on to the next projects...oh wait...it is not just 1, but I have several in the works...so the stress is back on, but I love it love it love it! What is so great about designing these quilts and getting them accepted is that is makes me complete the quilt!! No more UFO's being added to the pile.
Here are some pics....enjoy!!
Son Joe, graduation OCC

The invasion of the FAT BIRDS!! Run, Run!! Run while you can!!

Steve and Rachele

Scrappy Delectable Mountain ...it looks so gray but it really is not!!

another Delectable Mountain...

Happy Sewing everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment