Monday, October 17, 2011

What a weekend whirlwind trip!

This past weekend I was invited to go to Chicago with two sisters who own a new business called Sew Many Things. This shop caters to ALL sewers! They teach everything about sewing, it is great! Anyway, their employee, my friend Dawn, could not go with them and she is in charge of the "quilting dept.". So Dawn suggested they ask me to go with them. At first I was dreading it, the drive all evening on Saturday and then drive back home the next evening. 
We arrived in Chicago about 1:30 in the morning, so that was actually Sunday. Got checked into the hotel and all of us hit the hay. Woke up between 7:30am and 8am got dressed, checked out the hotel and headed over to Troy.
It was fantastic!! Troy had great seminars, small in attendance, but none the less they were great! And the fabric, oh the fabric! RJR, Windham, Blue Hill, Timeless Treasures, Henry Glass, Benartex!! Troy has their own line of fabric called River Hill, I think that is the name. I enjoyed every minute of it and I am soooo glad I went! We were the last ones to be checked out at Troy. I think we left the building by 8pm. I pulled into my driveway at 2am.
I'm exhausted, but I had a wonderful time! Thanks to Sew Many Things for inviting me to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment