Thursday, July 28, 2011

I love designing quilt tops!

I absolutely love designing quilt tops with EQ7. I will admit though, that I don't know how to work the program totally yet, but I am learning! This morning I designed this one. I've seen tumbler blocks recently showing up in people's quilts so I thought I'd try it out on EQ7. The tumbler block/unit is a great stash buster. So here it is:
Just use all of your greens, reds, blues, browns, yellows, oranges...whatever you have! I do plan on attacking my stash and putting this on my design wall. Hopefully that will happen sooner rather than later. Oh what the heck! Get your quilt guilds, sewing groups to join in and make it a charm stash buster! If you want the pattern just send me an email and I can send it over to you for only $5. I use paypal, just shoot me an email and I send you all the information.
I also designed another quilt yesterday...ok, well I designed more than one....but I will show you this one:

The center squares, the ones that read "solid". I will be strip piecing different shades of creams to tans. Once the strips are pieced I will then cut the squares, but they will be on the bias. I'm getting brave these days and I'm not afraid of working with the bias. This pattern is also only $5, so if you are interested, shoot me an email via the blog and I will send you the info.
Time to get off the computer, I have some sewing to do!
Happy quilting everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment