Sunday, November 13, 2011

the world is closing in...ahhhhh

LOL, I only have some serious deadlines approaching me and I'm really far behind! But hey! at least I am working with fabric! I just can't express how much I love to sew. I never knew this as a kid, teenager...or even in my early 20's. My husband was the one who encouraged me to learn the skill. I love him! He is sooo supportive with this.
When he realized that I needed to have big tools to finish my quilts:

He said, "Yes" to this purchase!
This is Rosie, my longarm quilting machine. She is actually my 2nd longarm machine. I had an APQS Ultimate II, smaller machine, but she sewed liked a work horse. My Gammill, Rosie, also sews like a workhorse for me. She puts up with me! Today, I'm going to have to give her a good cleaning. I've neglected her the last couple of quilting jobs...she is a little too dusty.
In this last year, life has changed for me in the quilting world. I've gotten a total of 10 quilts accepted into magazines/books. Only one has been published as of now, the rest are coming. This is soooo exciting for me.
Yesterday I was searching around reading a few quilters' blogs and I came across a picture of a quilt that caught my attention. The quilting was outstanding. So, I printed the picture and began started to draw the quilting. Each time I look at this picture I see something new. So here is my drawing:
Pencil drawing of a new feather design I want to master

Turned off the flash from the camera, turned image orange...interesting.....
Last night I finished putting the borders on a customer's log cabin quilt. Today I will piece the backing and get it on the longarm machine....This one will be easy for quilting, she does not want anything fancy. Once that is finished I have to put the binding on and walla I will be finished. I have 2 other customer quilts that need to be quilted on the longarm machine and then I can work on the magazine quilts. Wish me luck everyone!!
Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment