Saturday, April 9, 2011

She never knew

I believe my last post was March 24...it has been a while, and a lot is going on.
This morning though, I realized, while reading other quilters' blogs, that my mom never knew I was a quilter. She never met any of my children, nor did she get to meet my husband. Mom died when I was 15. My sister Gail, had her first child in March of that year and mom died a couple months later. So mom, never met any of the rest of her grandchildren. Dad was around for my sisters' other children births, but he never met mine. That is a long story and honestly, that is his fault. He died about 5 or 6 years ago. Wish life would have been different. He walked away from us all. I still don't know and I don't think my sisters do either.
Him walking sealed the deal for me with having a strong family bond with my children. I wanted life to be different for them. Children always need their parents, aunts and uncles and grandparents. Family bonds need to be strong! I love my family!
Quilts: man am I swamped! Pushed with a deadline!! I'm working on the magazine quilt currently (piecing project), I have a clients quilt on the longarm machine (it will be done this morning), 2 other projects waiting to get on the longarm machine and both of those have to be bound, and 1 that I still have to cuts units from and get busy on!!! I'm leaving Tuesday for South Carolina.
My neice is getting married and I am heading down to help my sister Renee. I'm looking forward to heat and sunshine!! Michigan is beginning to warm up, just not a lot. I will have to finish Ashley's quilt after get back home from her wedding! I hate that!! I wanted it done but I did not expect what all occured in "home" life to make quilting go to the back burner. It was nothing major, just things take time and take you away from sewing.
On that note.....got to go sew....later....

No comments:

Post a Comment