Monday, November 15, 2010

UFO's!! Oh my world the number...

For those of you who are quilters, you know exactly what I'm talking about when I say "UFO's"! I've been working on my sewing room, trying desperately to clean it up and organize. What I mess! I've moved several times since I began my quilting journey....so I can honestly say, that things get lost in the move. Two weeks ago when my sister, Renee, was visiting we attacked my scraps. I could have never done it without her help! Thank you! After she left to go back home to SC, I found a drawer that had...you guessed it....scraps!! Oh my goodness! sigh....Then I found another quilt that I began over 10 years ago...some of you will know this pattern ...Shakespeare in the Park.....holy moly! What was I thinking!? I was a fairly new quilter and tried to attack that pattern! I actually have two color waves in that quilt pattern and I am determined to finish it. One is in tans and deep purples, burgandy... very scrappy looking and fall like. The other is in blues and yellows....I have lots of pieces and I have decided that it is NOT going to be a Shakespeare in the Park quilt. I'm going to be making quarter square triangles, half square triangles and whatever else I can come up with to USE THOSE PIECES UP! Needless to say I will get more than one quilt from each color wave because I know I cut out way too many pieces!
This is going to be a busy week. I'm suppose to be teaching two days this week at Joann's fabric store, I have not heard from the manager of the education department as to if anyone signed up for the classes. I will call her or go visit the store today or tomorrow. On Saturday, I'm teaching at the Village Quilt shoppe at Canterbury Village!! My favorite quilt shop in the world!  I'm teaching the French Braid Table runner. I will need to get my supplies ready by tomorrow. I can't procrastinate on this one, my week is full.
Oh and the best news of all!! Bonnie Hunter's new Mystery quilt pattern step 1 will be ready this Friday!!!! Roll Roll Cotton Ball, I think that is the name! For any followers here is her website: www.quiltville.com
Back to my UFO's. I have lots of them! I'm determined to finish them this year...ok wait, let's think about this! There is less than two months left in this year...I think I will extend my goal to ....the end of next year. I really and truly want to have them all done: done as in quilted and bound!
We do have a nasty cold that is going through my boys. John got the cold first, then it went to Steve....Steve has the nasty cough that will not go away and now son Joe has it. I hope the cold stops with him!
Time to get moving, lots to do today!!! Can't waste a single minute!! OH! I've lost 3inches in my waist!! don't know how much weight I've lost but my curves are now heading in the right direction! LOL
Later Gator!

1 comment:

  1. I always thought I had three projects going at a time, to alternate, and that was it. Two years ago I re-FlyLadied my quilt room and actually took stock. I was absolutely floored that I had fourteen UFO, outside of my revolving three. I'da bet a million dollars that wasn't possible. Where was my brain :)

    So I made a private blog, photographed everything that wasn't finished, told about why I started it, why I stopped... That was fun to do. In the course of that I deep sixed about 4, and since then have finished four or five. And I haven't started and then dropped anything :)

    sometimes we really do need to look in the mirror of truth...
    all the best
    Sharyn

    ReplyDelete