Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Heading for the weekend
















I'm looking forward to the weekend! It is only Tuesday though, but the weekend is not far off. It seems that all I think about is my next quilting project. Today and tomorrow there will be no sewing though, too much to do. Today we have our home school co-op called Meadows Home Team, afterwards the boys have to stay for play practice "Fiddler on the Roof". Tomorrow we have another co-op that meets here in my home. BUT, if son Chris is not better we will have to postpone it again. Last night we learned that Chris has an upper respiratory infection and influenza...how great does he feel??? It is a wait and see game. He will be resting for the next several days, poor kid! Normally, Chris does not get this sick, but this time it got him the worst.





This past weekend I hosted a come and sew all day at my house. I love having everyone over! We clear out the family room, set up the tables, have great food, chit chat, show and tell...what a blast! You work on whatever you choose. I worked on my mystery quilt from my friend Diantha Stafford of Mississippi. Speaking of quilts I guess this would be a good time to post some more pictures. I've included several new pictures this morning. The bright pink quilt is the mystery quilt my friend designed from MS. I have a large delectable mountain quilt with a light pink center, the pink center is NOT staying, I do not like it. I will have to figure out something different there. Then there is the pile of autumn colored fabrics. Originally I had made my son Steve a quilt, a twin size quilt... completely pieced, quilted and bound...notice I said twin size! That week after I finished the quilt we purchased him a queen size bed, this was not planned, it just happened. So now I have to make him a queen size quilt out of those autumn colored fabrics. That brings me to talk about the new Block of the Month I found from Heather Finnell of Burning the Midnight Oil Quilts. I absolutely love this quilt and I think my son is going to like it as well! The last quilt picture of pieces of fabric is the blue quilt. These strips came from a French Braid that was made about 3 years ago. I cut the strips on the wrong 45degree angle so I wasted all that fabric. Not knowing what to do with those strips I tucked them away. Hoping I would discover something to do with them. Well I did! I was exploring Bonnie Hunter's blog, her website is www.quiltville.com and found the perfect plan for these strips. I will have to include a picture later, I'm running out of time. The other new pictures are of my sewing room. I moved things around and I need to see if I like them this way or should I put them back the way I had them. Until then....Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment