Friday, April 4, 2014

I found it!

I've been looking for a quilt I had designed in EQ7, and could not figure out where I had filed it... I know silly me. It was in the file I thought it was in but for some reason the file was empty the other day. So, let's begin with a recap:

I believe 2 days ago, or maybe it was yesterday, I posted these two blocks, so here is that entry:

http://nancysonestitchatatime.blogspot.com/2014/03/life-of-quilting-is-changing-changing.html

Here is the quilt that goes along with those two blocks! Except, I changed the background from the original design. I had made the background in the original white. I have two versions of this quilt: no applique in borders, and the other has applique.


You could also make the inner border white and the binding white. I like framing the outer border.So, what do you think? That is a lot of 6" blocks!! There are 64 inner blocks, and 44 border 6" blocks...lets do the math, how many blocks does that total? 108 I still like it and want to make the one with the applique.
In case you are wondering, yes, this is paper piecing. It is much faster to paper piece this.
I almost forgot to post this one, I made the inner border white.
 
 This one has a simple elegance to it.


1 comment:

  1. I love the way these quilts look. Any chance you will be posting the paper piecing pattern?

    ReplyDelete